If you don’t mind waking up every morning with red spots on your body which have a burning sensation and cause you to itch like crazy, then there are no problems at all. However, if you dislike such activities and are concerned about your health and general well being, it is high time you looked out for bed bugs in your abode and exterminated them. Though most people just feel a localized burning and itching feeling on the affected part of their skin, there are others who are allergic to the anesthetics and coagulants injected into their body by these bed bugs.
A host of other health problems
- These chemicals lead to a host of other health problems.
- Though mosquito bites too leave a burning and itching sensation, they do not cause health problems that are associated only with bed bug bites.
- There are cases when persons who have been bitten repeatedly over a period of time developing skin infections due to intense scratching of the surface of the skin.
- Bed bugs are bad since their bite might also cause other allergic reactions in the body of their host.
- Though there are many lotions and creams available to tackle these burning lesions on the skin, they are not always effective.
Bugs over an extended period of time
- People who have been bitten by bed bugs over an extended period of time may face problems like shortness of breath, wheezing, difficulty in swallowing due to tightness in the throat, chest pain, swelling on the tongue and lips, itchy rashes all over the body, a spreading redness in the proximity of the bitten area, and dizziness.
- Bed bugs are difficult to detect since their bite is tough to diagnose, their bites looks similar to bites from other insects.
- In case you are facing health related problems like those mentioned above, especially if they are occurring after an extended period of redness of the skin that also has an acute itchy feeling, it is high time that you consulted your physician.
- He or she might conduct some pathological tests to test for signs of allergic reaction.
Bed bugs attack young kids and newborns
- Bed bugs are a nuisance since their bites may cause extreme discomfort, especially if they attack young kids and newborns.
- Some people have the habit of sleeping in their birthday suits with just thin linen covering their body.
- Such people face the risk of their private parts being bitten by the bed bugs and this can lead to dangerous consequences and also are a cause of humiliation.
- You would not love to scratch your private parts in public, would you? Apart from that, extensive scratching of the private area may lead to other serious medical complications.
- Another dangerous occurrence is if a person gets bitten on their lips. This, along with the fact that your clothes are a carrier for bed bugs to the places you visit is what makes bed bugs a nuisance.
Do You Have Bed Bugs?
- At times it seems like the bite of a mosquito, but it’s not. You get up in the morning and are subjected to extreme itching sensations on certain parts of your body.
- The area is red and the itching sensation is terrible. These itches bear the typical trademark of a bed bug bite.
- Though these insects were supposedly eradicated some years back, they have come back with a vengeance and are increasing at an alarming rate of 500% per year.
- The standard insecticides used for eliminating them are no longer useful since the bed bugs have formed immunity against it.
- Not just you but every other household in America has them in their house.
- Bed bugs are tough to detect because of their nature of hiding in tough to view cracks and crevasses of the wall.
- Apart from that they can also be found in almost every other place like cupboards, suitcases, clothes etc.
- They are also found in abundance in the mattress from where they find easy access to your body, bed bug larvae can easily squeeze through the stitching of a mattress.
- These insects are attracted by the warmth of your body and also by the carbon dioxide fumes released which you exhale from your nose.