EPA Grant For Bed Bug Research:As bed bugs are a growing problem, the EPA has stepped in, and has presented roughly $550,000 in grants, to five different states, to research the prevention and removal of bed bugs. This is great news, as they are growing more immune to natural pesticides that are being used. As of now, one of the only ways to definitely kill bed bugs is through extreme heat, although some pesticides will work for bed bugs removal, a lot of the times it will take multiple treatments to completely get rid of them.The grants will be given over the next to years, the states that will be receiving the money for the bed bug research are Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Michigan and Missouri.
Training for workers
- The reason for the grants as these are some of the worst locations in the United States where they are having some of the worst bed bug problems ever.
- The grants will be going towards not only research, but training for workers on how to spot and get rid of bed bugs. As I have stated before, the more that you know about your enemy, the better chances to have to get rid of them.
- There are many methods that work well, and there are many methods that do not work at all, even though if you search on the internet some articles will say otherwise.
- This goes to show that you cannot believe everything that you read on the internet.
- This is especially true when it comes to these bed bug websites that are just trying to get you to buy a product, and they will write anything that sounds good, thinking that they are actually giving you tips on getting rid of bed bugs, just because they had read a poorly written article somewhere, they may think that they are know experts on bed bug extermination.
- If you would like more information about this bed bug EPA grant, you can visit the main source here. With Michigan and Maryland getting the most of the money, you can see how much each University is getting for the education and research on bed bugs right here.
Learning about bed bugs
- So the prevention of bed bugs is not really possible, to the 100% mark anyway
- . But by being aware of bed bugs, learning about bed bugs, you can definitely prevent the problem from getting worse, if by chance you realize that you have bed bugs in your home.As discussed in this blog, there are many ways that you can take to getting rid of bed bugs.
- Every thing from the DIY extermination with bed bug sprays, bombs and powders, to the steam cleaning, to the professional extermination methods.
- The important thing is preventing them from spreading, as the female bed bug has no problems laying hundreds of eggs every single year, and remember it only takes the baby nymph a couple of feeding until they reach adult hood.
- So keep your eyes peeled, and if you notice that you have insect bites on you in the morning, you may want to start searching for bed bugs.
- As stated before, I would start at the bed inbetween the cracks and crevices of the mattress.Don’t let the bed bugs bite and take over you home.
- Stop them before they spread, that is really the only kind of bed bug prevention advice that I am able to give you at this time.
- The more aware you are the better off you will be, don’t wait until your body is covered with insect bites to take action.